Wedicity is not currently hiring any full time positions however please see other opportunities below.
Please send Resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
On-Site Event Assistant
On-site event assistants are paid for work on a per-event basis. All event assistants must interview and then shadow 2 weddings/events with a lead planner prior to being hired for an event assistant position. Upon successful completion, On-site event assistants will be contacted with opportunities to be contracted at least one month prior to each event. Rates vary based on the event and day-of schedule.
Wedicity Internship Experience
We’re proud of the Wedicity Internship Experience we’re able to offer to 3 special college-student interns each year. We offer 3 internship periods per year during Winter, Summer and Fall in which we select 1-2 student interns to join our team for a 12-16 week period. We are passionate about elevating, training and providing experiential opportunities to the next generation of leaders in our industry. The Wedicity Internship Experience program is geared towards students who are looking towards a future career in the wedding and/or hospitality industry and is a hands-on curriculum and highly competitive.
**Accepting applications for Fall 2023 & Winter/Spring 2023-2024 Internships**
- Internships are 12-16 weeks in length (based on college schedule).
- Summer Internships are full time (40 hours a week).
- Fall/Winter Internships are part or full time (based on college schedule).
- Internships are paid a $300 monthly stipend (full-time).
- Weekly curriculum applies to the internship program and will be followed and directed by owner, Tionna Van Gundy.
- Curriculum includes event research, hands-on application, in-office administrative assignments, on-site event production and concludes with the creation of an actual event lead and directed by the Intern.
- Must be over 18 years of age.
- Must be available to work a flexible 40 hours a week (some nights and weekends).
- Must have commitment to customer service and positive attitude.
- Applicants must be eager and willing to learn.
- Looking for those with a passion for the hospitality or planning industry.
Wedding & Event Planner
- Coordinate with vendor partners to bring all event details together based on client requests.
- Create timelines, design documents and other materials required to assist in the execution of a wedding weekend or event.
- Communicate with clients and vendors to cross reference information, reconcile payments and details on a regular basis.
- Task management clients based on due dates and planning priorities throughout the planning process.
- Attend in person and virtual client and vendor meetings in the coordination of a client wedding or special event as needed.
- Regular use of planning platform in the planning and detailing of a client event.
- Upkeep documents and communication lines between client, vendors and online tools.
- Management of client profiles and vendor profiles.
- Attend and manage all wedding weekend details per assigned clients.
- Lead on-site wedding team by delegating tasks and providing all tools, resources, timelines and information.
- Assist in post-event follow up (collecting reviews, gaining access to photography and videography for marketing, client gift sending)
- Assist with marketing efforts (on-site PR events such as trade shows, bridal events, blog writing, styled shoot coordinating and attending networking events).
Position is a mix between in-office and work-from-home schedules, with our office being located in West Loop, Chicago, IL.
12 Paid Holidays / 10 Paid-time-off days used at your discretion.
Full-time, salaried position.